Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (March 30 and March 31, 2013):
- Cheer on racers for the IRONMAN Oceanside on Saturday. Unless you can bootleg an entry spot to the sold out race…then go for that!
- See some exhibits! Exhibits opening this weekend: Piranesi, Rome, and the Arts of Design at The San Diego Museum of Art, Artist’s Guild Annual Show at the Fallbrook Art Center and the Easter Lily Display at the San Diego Botanical Building. Exhibits closing this weekend: Charles Reiffel, An American Post-Impressionist at the San Diego History Center and One Woman’s Journey at the Women’s Museum of California.
- Relax and enjoy the Spring Harp Fest in La Mesa on Saturday. They have a lineup of great performers all day at Harry Griffen Park…bring a picnic too.
- Have fun with Easter festivities on Sunday! Easter at the Bistro at Stone Brewery, special Easter Hornblower Cruises, House of Blues Gospel Brunch (so cool!) and Easter at Wave House and Belmont Park are among the great places to go. Of course, almost any hotel you can think of throughout the city has a great brunch!
- Celebrate the end of Women’s History Month with Women’s Military Day at the Veterans Museum on Saturday. The schedule includes showings of documentaries, guest speakers and exhibits.
- Toughen up watching the Champagne Classic Women’s Rugby Tournament on Saturday. Many different games throughout the day starting at 8:15am.
- Go save with 30th on 30th. Most restaurants and bars on or near 30th street offer great discounts on Saturday night. Enjoy!
- Participate in cool museum events throughout the weekend: Artist Talk with Francine Filsinger at the Women’s Museum of California, Piranesi Symposium at The San Diego Museum of Art, Free Soap Making Class at the San Dieguito Heritage Museum and Opening Celebration of the Annual Artist’s Guild Show at the Fallbrook Art Center.
- Learn the culture of India with Balboa Park’s Lawn Program. This Sunday’s country is India–eat and drink while watching traditional dance in traditional outfits.
- Dance to Who’s Bad, a Michael Jackson Tribute Band. They’re scheduled for Saturday night at Belly Up!