October is here! Maybe it’s because my birthday’s in October but we at The Wanderer Guides think this month is the best of the year (don’t you agree?).
With October comes Halloween and we all know what that means: lots of haunted trails, spooky houses and decked out amusement parks. Here’s your guide to haunted and spooky San Diego:
- Brick-or-Treat every weekend in October at LEGOLAND. Costume contests, special Saturday hours, entertainment, and the Brick-or-Treat Trail. Fireworks every Saturday at 9pm too!
- The Haunted Hotel in downtown San Diego. So scary, I couldn’t even look at the website for long…
- Boomont Park every weekend in October and Halloween Thursday. Belmont Park has it all for their spooky weekends: trick-or-treating, a haunted house, a pumpkin patch, zombie laser tag and more.
- Ghosts and Gravestones Haunted Tours. Old Town will never been the same after you take this tour!
- The Haunted Trail in Balboa Park. They even have a really really extra scary area called The eXperiment, which sounds beyond terrifying.
- Ghost Tours and more at the Whaley House in Old Town. This spooky house has some Ghost Hunting Tours and special hours during the month of October.
- Halloween Spooktacular thru October 27th at SeaWorld. Fun characters, spooky shows, goodies and more.
- Haunting Tales abroad the Star of India with the Maritime Museum of San Diego. Only 4 days in October to catch this spooky event!
- The Scream Zone at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Yep, it’s back and this year with Zombie Paintball.
- Paranormal Investigation Tours and Gaslamp Ghost Tours from the Gaslamp Museum. Ghosts roam the Gaslamp area and this tour will show you where.
- Savage House in La Mesa. New this year and I totally appreciate the scary backstory (read the blurb on the website). They even have a scary characters museum, which I might actually be able to visit without losing my mind!
And for a few notable haunted areas just outside San Diego: