Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 14 and 15, 2013):
- Check out some great art and artists at the Coronado Art Walk. Happening at the Coronado Ferry Landing, the event will feature activities, entertainment and lots of creative expression all weekend long.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Beyond the Books II at USD, First Impressions at USD and Matices de las Americas 2013 at Centro Cultural de la Raza. Closing this weekend: Looking For Things: Jay Johnson at Oceanside Museum of Art.
- Have some fun at the South Bay Pride 2013. The Saturday schedule includes music, entertainment, art, dancing, fun, wine and more at Bayfront Park in Chula Vista.
- Cruise the San Diego Bayfair today thru Sunday. If you like boats, sun and beer, you’ll have fun at this cool event.
- Meander through the Santee Bluegrass Festival. Music, activities, food and drinks. We think that makes it the place to be on Saturday!
- Fill up at the Latin Food Fest thru Sunday. With the 14 events that started yesterday, there’s something for everyone. If it’s all sold out before you get your chance, get started on San Diego Restaurant Week 2013! It starts Sunday and goes thru the 20th.
- Join the House of Finland for their Lawn Program on Sunday. The International Cottages will be filled with lively dance and music.
- Celebrate the Autumn Harvest at the 11th Annual San Diego Pagan Pride Festival in Balboa Park. The Saturday festival features entertainment, workshops and community.
- Party in Old Town for Mexican Independence Day. For the Fiesta Patrias, there will be music, games, activities and food on Sunday. Be sure to check out the Junipero Serra Museum while you’re there for their fun activities!
- Get active on Saturday at the Total Health Fest in Liberty Station. The family-friendly fest gets your body moving with activity stations, and you might learn a thing or two while you’re there.
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 31 and September 1, 2013):
See some ships at the Festival of Sail 2013
all weekend long. Hosted by the Maritime Museum of San Diego, this festival is the largest tall ship festival on the west coast…go see why!
Have fun at the Del Mar Racetrack as they host their Reggae Festival on Saturday. It’s the last weekend of races so go before its too late!
Be dazzled at the US Sand Sculpting Challenge and 3D Art Exposition
all weekend long. Happening at the B Street Cruise Ship Terminal Pier, the event features a contest between some amazing sandcastle artists, performers, music, kids activities and an art show.
Visit the beach. Be a San Diegan this weekend and tan, mingle and play at the beach. We are pretty lucky and this is the last of Summer.
Cheer on some puppies at the Cabrillo Dog Show
all weekend. Over 1,000 dogs are expected at Bates Nut Farm on Saturday and Sunday.
Watch some football and fireworks at the San Diego Aztecs’ season opener on Saturday night. The KGB Sky Show
is the biggest show west of the Mississippi so it’s worth a night of your time…
- Celebrate Labor Day! Check out our blog post for more ways to enjoy this weekend in SD.
“If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labor Day Weekend.”
It’s almost Labor Day weekend which means the end of Summer as we know it. It also means great fun, tasty food and interesting interactions with family and friends. Here’s a list of the best things happening around San Diego for Labor Day:
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 17 and August 18, 2013):
- Grab a brewski at Stone Brewing Company’s 17th Anniversary Celebration this weekend. Tonight and tomorrow, Stone Brewery celebrates its milestone with over 40 guest breweries, hundreds of beers and plenty of fun!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Eclectic Eyes at Spanish Village Art Center (opened Wednesday), West Coast Drawing: Drawing Alive at Bonita Museum and Cultural Center (opened Wednesday) and Reencuentro: Raices del Norte at Centro Cultural de la Raza. Closing next week: A Moment in Time at Mission Trails Regional Park (closes next Friday).
- Listen to great music at the San Diego Indie Fest at Liberty Station all weekend. This massive event features tons of live music, films, artists and more.
- Plan your fabulous wedding at the Gay and Lesbian Wedding Expo on Sunday. Go to Mission Valley for great wedding ideas, a chance to win great prizes and opportunities to mingle with wedding vendors.
- Slap your knee to jolly good bluegrass music at the 11th Annual Bluegrass Festival all weekend. Live bluegrass bands, music sessions and impromptu jams await you at the forty-acre Antique and Gas Steam Engine Museum location.
- Get literary at the Twainfest 2013 in Old Town on Saturday. Hear the readings of great literary stars, participate in games and experience the 19th century at this festival.
- Treat yourself to tasty BBQ at the Del Mar Racetrack’s Grill Fest. Happening on Saturday, the event will feature over 25 grilling pros and a day of horse races.
- Groove out at the Mossy Volkswagen Show on Sunday. Walrus 105.7 will be on site giving away food and prizes. If you’re a VW person, you got to go!
- Learn about the San Diego Bay with Bay Day at the Birch Aquarium on Saturday. As part of its Sea Days program, the Aquarium will have activities, vendors and ample opportunity to learn about San Diego’s great resource.
- Join in the fun at the International Cottages with the Lawn Program on Sunday. It’s the House of Hungary’s turn to host with food, music and dance.
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 3 and August 4, 2013):
- Sample some tasty food at the Gourmet Food Truck Festival on Saturday. Go to the Del Mar Races and try food and drink from 50 different food trucks. Yum!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Faces of Japan at Japanese Friendship Garden (opened Thursday), On the Fly at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and 22nd Annual Juried Exhibition at La Jolla Athenaeum. Closing this weekend: Proyecto 5 at Centro Cultural de la Raza (closes Monday).
- Watch the pros at the Ford Supergirl Pro ASP Women’s Surf Contest. It’s the largest female surf event in the world and many famous surfers are participating!. Happening all weekend in Oceanside.
- Have a voice at the Politifest 2013 in Liberty Station this Saturday. It’s organized by Voice of San Diego and features conversations about the state of San Diego’s neighborhoods and leadership. Also see the contestants from the Idea Tournament (can’t wait to see who wins the grant!) and community booths. Of course, there will be a beer garden and places for the kids too…
- Admire cool cars at the 20th Annual National City Automobile Heritage Day on Sunday. Come for the parade; stay for the show.
- Barbecue in style at Vista’s 5th Annual Smokin’ Q Classic on Saturday. Music, performances, beer gardens and teams competing for BBQ elite status await you.
- Bet on the winner at the Southern California Open. The annual women’s tennis tournament is going on now at the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa. See some world-class tennis through Sunday.
- Get cultured at the House of Peru’s day to host the Lawn Program at the International Cottages in Balboa Park. Happening on Sunday, the afternoon will be filled with music, food and performances.
- Be crafty at the San Diego Bead Society’s Bead Bazaar all weekend in Mission Valley. Pick up your weight in beads, especially since you can save money on admission tickets by going to the website!
- Experience the British Invasion at Belly Up on Sunday night. Abbey Road, a really cool Beatles cover band, is playing and it’s sure to be a good time.
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (July 27 and July 28, 2013):
- Honor the pooch at the Doggie Street Festival in Liberty Station on Saturday. Booths, music, food and puppy-themed activities await you at one of Southern California’s biggest pet adoption events!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Earthly Elements at Fallbrook Art Center. Closing this weekend: Make Your Own Kind of Music at Mingei International Museum, Cat Nip Connections at Spanish Village Art Center (closes Monday), Gold Fever! at Imperial Valley Desert Museum (closes Wednesday), Handcrafted Journeys at Japanese Friendship Garden and Melissa Miller at Lux Art Institute.
- Drink up at the Del Mar Beer Festival on Saturday. You have your work cut out for you: there’s over 100 different brews.
- Plan your big day at the Bridal Bazaar on Sunday. Happening at the San Diego Convention Center, this event is fun for brides-to-be, bride hopefuls and anyone who loves the wedding scene.
- Check out cool rides at Extreme Autofest on Saturday at Qualcomm Stadium. More than 500 show cars will be there to see and wish you owned…
- Learn about little cuties at the Turtle and Tortoise Society’s Annual Show. Exhibits, vets and some great people from the Society will be on hand all weekend at this Balboa Park show.
- Partake in Pine Valley Days today and tomorrow. Watch the big parade, listen to some live music and participate in the horseshoe contest!
- Get cultured at the Obon Festival in Vista all weekend. Celebrate Japanese culture with exhibits, demos, performances, food and plenty of drumming!
- Celebrate Lithuania in Balboa Park on Sunday with the International Cottages. This weeks Lawn Program brings food and festivities by the House of Lithuania.
- Support charity and have fun at the Miller Tribe and Crew Grand Stand 2013 event on Saturday. Happening in North Park, this event supports cancer research with Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (July 20 and July 21, 2013):
- Party like a comic star at Comic-Con all weekend long! And if you don’t have a pass, enjoy the people watching, free zones, festivities and excitement Downtown.
- Exhibits. We don’t see any major openings or closings so here are some interesting venues/small shows in SD this weekend: Space 4 Art, Spanish Art Village (Art in Bloom), Bonita Museum and Cultural Center and James Hubbell at the Encinitas Library.
- Cheer on the players at the Over The Line Tournament this weekend. Finals are always the best part.
- Be amazed at the 5th Annual Lantern Festival all weekend. You could go to Little Saigon for the food, rides and performances, but don’t kid yourself–the nighttime display of 6,000 lanterns is the real prize!
- Walk the festival at Fiesta del Sol all weekend in Logan Heights. Celebrate community and civic activity with interactive zones, music, dance, food and, of course, people.
- Dance along at the International Cottage’s Lawn Program on Sunday. The House of Columbia hosts this week with food, drink, song and dance in Balboa Park.
- Smell the flowers at the Begonia Festival in Encinitas this weekend. Whether you go for the begonia sherbet or to buy your own begonias, it’s sure to be a fun activity.
- Enjoy opening weekend at the Del Mar Race Track. You can still wear the fancy headgear you know.
- Show some love at the Summer of Love South Park Walkabout on Saturday night. Get to know local businesses and see live entertainment at one of South Park’s cool community events.
- Buy some florals at the San Diego Orchard Society’s Floral Show this weekend. Happening in Balboa Park, this show gives visitors a chance to see the top orchards and buy their own!