Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 28 and 29, 2013):
- Enjoy community at the Bonitafest 2013 on Saturday. The annual Bonita shindig is in its 41st year and still going strong with food, activities and performances.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: An Exhibition of Fine Art at Cabrillo National Monument. Closing this weekend: Car Toys at San Diego Automotive Museum and The Harp at Museum of Making Music (Closing Monday).
- Get in free to Cabrillo Monument for National Public Lands Day on Saturday. The Cabrillo Commemorative Ceremony is happening later in the day so stick around to celebrate Cabrillo’s landing in San Diego.
- Walk the Adams Avenue Street Fair on Saturday and Sunday. This is one of the largest free street fairs in California and here’s why: 90 musical acts, 4 beer gardens, over 300 vendors and giant carnival rides.
- Have fun at the San Diego Tour de Fat on Saturday. Three words sum up the Golden Hill event: Beer, Bikes and Bemusement. You in?
- Celebrate San Diego’s New Central Library with the Grand Opening Celebration and Sneak Peek. Yes, it’s finally open! And they’ll have a great dedication ceremony, activities and (of course) a chance to see the new building! Woohoo!
- Eat up at the El Cajon Oktoberfest all weekend long. If you love traditional German food, you’re in for a treat at this celebration.
- Chat with some artists at the Carlsbad Art Splash. The Saturday and Sunday event features performances and artists creating art on site. The chalk art will be amazing!
- Play around at the Kids Free in October: Museum Mashup Party. October will be great for families: kids are free to many museums in San Diego. This kickoff party with activities, projects and performances will get October started right! It’s happening on Sunday.
- Get in costume for the 11th Annual Vista Viking Festival all weekend. For those fantasy lovers in all of us, this is your event! Or if you love people watching while eating some grub and buying some crafty pieces, you will like it too…
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 21 and 22, 2013):
- Jam on at the Carlsbad Music Festival all weekend long. Whether you like classical, jazz or pop, you’ll have fun at this festival and its long list of performers.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Best of Nature Photography at San Diego Natural History Museum (Tuesday), Lost in the Memory Place at MCASD: La Jolla, Scripps on Prospect at MCASD: La Jolla, Dana Montlack: Sea of Cortez at MCASD: La Jolla, Outside at Oceanside Museum of Art, Jim Machacek at La Jolla Athenaeum and Roots at La Jolla Athenaeum. Closing this weekend: Pictures of the Year International at Museum of Photographic Arts, Volcanos and Full Moons at Oceanside Museum of Art and Ain’t Nothing Like a Dame at Spanish Village art Center (Monday).
- Get a tan at the Chula Vista HarborFest. Happening on Saturday, the Fest features art, music, activities, harbor activities and food.
- Walk around the Arts Alive on the Coastal Rail Trail on Sunday. Music, food and art, along with the official reopening of the 101.
- Enjoy the weekend with the Mira Mesa Street Fair on Saturday. Entertainment, crafts, food and a well stocked beer garden–yes!
- Have a ball at the Pacific Islander Festival 2013. The Festival features cool music, fun dance, yummy food and great people watching. And it’s happening all weekend!
- Bring the fam to the Hullabaloo Family Arts Festival at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on Saturday. This celebration of music, dance, art and more is sure to be a fun time.
- Listen to some tunes at the Julian Music Festival on Saturday. It’s the 44th year to celebrate music and the end of the Summer in Julian and it’ll be a fun one.
- Say ‘om’ at the One Love Yoga San Diego event on Sunday. If you’re a newbie yogini, active yogi or are practically buddha, you’ll enjoy this great yoga event at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
- Celebrate Fall at the 2013 Encinitas Oktoberfest. Yes, Fall activities are starting! Go to one of the first Oktoberfest festivities in SD!
*Bonus: BunnyFest 2013…Sunday…Balboa Park…yes, bunnies!
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 14 and 15, 2013):
- Check out some great art and artists at the Coronado Art Walk. Happening at the Coronado Ferry Landing, the event will feature activities, entertainment and lots of creative expression all weekend long.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Beyond the Books II at USD, First Impressions at USD and Matices de las Americas 2013 at Centro Cultural de la Raza. Closing this weekend: Looking For Things: Jay Johnson at Oceanside Museum of Art.
- Have some fun at the South Bay Pride 2013. The Saturday schedule includes music, entertainment, art, dancing, fun, wine and more at Bayfront Park in Chula Vista.
- Cruise the San Diego Bayfair today thru Sunday. If you like boats, sun and beer, you’ll have fun at this cool event.
- Meander through the Santee Bluegrass Festival. Music, activities, food and drinks. We think that makes it the place to be on Saturday!
- Fill up at the Latin Food Fest thru Sunday. With the 14 events that started yesterday, there’s something for everyone. If it’s all sold out before you get your chance, get started on San Diego Restaurant Week 2013! It starts Sunday and goes thru the 20th.
- Join the House of Finland for their Lawn Program on Sunday. The International Cottages will be filled with lively dance and music.
- Celebrate the Autumn Harvest at the 11th Annual San Diego Pagan Pride Festival in Balboa Park. The Saturday festival features entertainment, workshops and community.
- Party in Old Town for Mexican Independence Day. For the Fiesta Patrias, there will be music, games, activities and food on Sunday. Be sure to check out the Junipero Serra Museum while you’re there for their fun activities!
- Get active on Saturday at the Total Health Fest in Liberty Station. The family-friendly fest gets your body moving with activity stations, and you might learn a thing or two while you’re there.
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 7 and 8, 2013):
- Get your Greek on in Cardiff this weekend for the 35th Annual Greek Festival. Food and dance are the big draws–how can you say no to amazing Greek dancers and yummy Greek food?
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Viva el Mariachi Femenil! at Women’s Museum of California, A VALYA Retrospective at Visions Art Museum, Felting at Visions Art Museum, 16th Annual Galaxy of Glass at Fallbrook Art Center and Matthew Cusick at Lux Art Institute. Closing this weekend: MENAGERIE at Mingei International Museum, Bold at San Diego Natural History Museum, Object Lessons at Timken Art Museum, Arnold Newman: Masterclass at San Diego Museum of Art, Double Portraits at San Diego Museum of Art, Reencuentro at Centro Cultural de la Raza, TRASH at New Children’s Museum (Closes Monday) and San Diego Art Institute’s Current Show.
- Groove along at the San Diego Blues Festival. Ten different performances at the Embarcadero on Saturday and all with proceeds going to the San Diego Food Bank.
- Enjoy a carnival at the 6th Annual Brazilian Day San Diego. There’s a street fair, parade and plenty of entertainment happens on Sunday in Pacific Beach.
- Pretend you’re Lucy Ricardo at the Julian Grape Stomp Festa on Saturday. If you don’t want to get your toes dirty, enjoy the wine tastings, food and entertainment. Or if you’re closer to North County, Escondido hosts their annual Grape Day Festival and Parade (and 5k Race).
- Walk around the San Diego Quilt Show today and tomorrow at the San Diego Convention Center. Quilts, classes and exhibits await you.
- Check out the rides at the 3rd Annual Fiesta de Kustom Kulture 2013 in Old Town. Happening on Saturday, this fun event features cool cars, live music and shopping.
- See some films at the 2013 San Diego International Kids Film Festival. The festival features 40 films from 18 countries and goes today thru Sunday.
- Be a spectator at the 49th Annual Poway Days Parade on Saturday. A 5K Run and the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast give even more reason to partake in this fun event.
- Party with the House of Puerto Rico at the International Cottages Lawn Program on Sunday. Music, food, dance, oh my!
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 31 and September 1, 2013):
See some ships at the Festival of Sail 2013
all weekend long. Hosted by the Maritime Museum of San Diego, this festival is the largest tall ship festival on the west coast…go see why!
Have fun at the Del Mar Racetrack as they host their Reggae Festival on Saturday. It’s the last weekend of races so go before its too late!
Be dazzled at the US Sand Sculpting Challenge and 3D Art Exposition
all weekend long. Happening at the B Street Cruise Ship Terminal Pier, the event features a contest between some amazing sandcastle artists, performers, music, kids activities and an art show.
Visit the beach. Be a San Diegan this weekend and tan, mingle and play at the beach. We are pretty lucky and this is the last of Summer.
Cheer on some puppies at the Cabrillo Dog Show
all weekend. Over 1,000 dogs are expected at Bates Nut Farm on Saturday and Sunday.
Watch some football and fireworks at the San Diego Aztecs’ season opener on Saturday night. The KGB Sky Show
is the biggest show west of the Mississippi so it’s worth a night of your time…
- Celebrate Labor Day! Check out our blog post for more ways to enjoy this weekend in SD.
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 24 and August 25, 2013):
- Cheer on the horses at Del Mar Racetrack’s Pacific Classic on Sunday. The best horses in the country will race for the one million dollar prize at the 23rd year of this great race.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Struck By Modernism at Mingei International Museum, Concept of Color at Mission Trails Regional Park and BEERology at San Diego Museum of Man. Closing this weekend: Intersections: Charles Arnoldi at Oceanside Museum of Art, Earthly Elements at Fallbrook Art Center, Second Time Around: Fashion Recycled at Visions Art Museum, Supporting Roles at Visions Art Museum, Fashion Tops and Bottoms at Visions Art Museum, ‘Dare to Reuse’ Student Art Exhibition at The New Children’s Museum (Monday) and Eclectic Eyes at Spanish Village Art Center (Monday).
- Fall in love with some art at the ArtWalk San Diego all weekend long. This year, the grand show will be at NTC Liberty Station for more room (hello, have you been to an event at Liberty Station?), more entertainment (a dozen-plus musicians, interactive kid areas and food!) and more art (over 100 artists!). See Shirley Church’s awesome Gaslamp piece above? She’ll be here.
- Stomp some grapes at Orfila Vineyards and Winery on Saturday. The 20th Annual Grape Stomp includes a grape stomp, music, food and tractor rides.
- Play in the snow with some pooches at Petco’s Summer Snow Day on Saturday. The Chula Vista Unleased by Petco is hosting a day of treats, demos, giveaways, and snow. Bring your puppies for a good old time!
- Enjoy more art at Sunday’s 9th Annual LeucadiARTWalk in Leucadia. Go to the great block party of open galleries, artists, musicians and fun.
- Sip on some goodness at the San Diego Spirits Festival all weekend. Demos, tastings, an art show, a burlesque show and more await you at the 5th year of this event!
- Love life at Suzie’s Farm on Saturday for the Pedal, Pick and Grin event. What you’ll expect at this event: local organic fruit and veggies that you can pick yourself, a bike parade, music, food trucks and farm tours. Love it!
- Get cultured at the International Cottages and their Lawn Program on Sunday. The House of Palestine hosts with food, music, dance and costume.
- Or focus on the stomach at one of these two events this weekend: Mira Mesa Festival of Beers or Valley Center Food Truck Festival.
Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 17 and August 18, 2013):
- Grab a brewski at Stone Brewing Company’s 17th Anniversary Celebration this weekend. Tonight and tomorrow, Stone Brewery celebrates its milestone with over 40 guest breweries, hundreds of beers and plenty of fun!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Eclectic Eyes at Spanish Village Art Center (opened Wednesday), West Coast Drawing: Drawing Alive at Bonita Museum and Cultural Center (opened Wednesday) and Reencuentro: Raices del Norte at Centro Cultural de la Raza. Closing next week: A Moment in Time at Mission Trails Regional Park (closes next Friday).
- Listen to great music at the San Diego Indie Fest at Liberty Station all weekend. This massive event features tons of live music, films, artists and more.
- Plan your fabulous wedding at the Gay and Lesbian Wedding Expo on Sunday. Go to Mission Valley for great wedding ideas, a chance to win great prizes and opportunities to mingle with wedding vendors.
- Slap your knee to jolly good bluegrass music at the 11th Annual Bluegrass Festival all weekend. Live bluegrass bands, music sessions and impromptu jams await you at the forty-acre Antique and Gas Steam Engine Museum location.
- Get literary at the Twainfest 2013 in Old Town on Saturday. Hear the readings of great literary stars, participate in games and experience the 19th century at this festival.
- Treat yourself to tasty BBQ at the Del Mar Racetrack’s Grill Fest. Happening on Saturday, the event will feature over 25 grilling pros and a day of horse races.
- Groove out at the Mossy Volkswagen Show on Sunday. Walrus 105.7 will be on site giving away food and prizes. If you’re a VW person, you got to go!
- Learn about the San Diego Bay with Bay Day at the Birch Aquarium on Saturday. As part of its Sea Days program, the Aquarium will have activities, vendors and ample opportunity to learn about San Diego’s great resource.
- Join in the fun at the International Cottages with the Lawn Program on Sunday. It’s the House of Hungary’s turn to host with food, music and dance.