Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 28 and 29, 2013):
- Enjoy community at the Bonitafest 2013 on Saturday. The annual Bonita shindig is in its 41st year and still going strong with food, activities and performances.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: An Exhibition of Fine Art at Cabrillo National Monument. Closing this weekend: Car Toys at San Diego Automotive Museum and The Harp at Museum of Making Music (Closing Monday).
- Get in free to Cabrillo Monument for National Public Lands Day on Saturday. The Cabrillo Commemorative Ceremony is happening later in the day so stick around to celebrate Cabrillo’s landing in San Diego.
- Walk the Adams Avenue Street Fair on Saturday and Sunday. This is one of the largest free street fairs in California and here’s why: 90 musical acts, 4 beer gardens, over 300 vendors and giant carnival rides.
- Have fun at the San Diego Tour de Fat on Saturday. Three words sum up the Golden Hill event: Beer, Bikes and Bemusement. You in?
- Celebrate San Diego’s New Central Library with the Grand Opening Celebration and Sneak Peek. Yes, it’s finally open! And they’ll have a great dedication ceremony, activities and (of course) a chance to see the new building! Woohoo!
- Eat up at the El Cajon Oktoberfest all weekend long. If you love traditional German food, you’re in for a treat at this celebration.
- Chat with some artists at the Carlsbad Art Splash. The Saturday and Sunday event features performances and artists creating art on site. The chalk art will be amazing!
- Play around at the Kids Free in October: Museum Mashup Party. October will be great for families: kids are free to many museums in San Diego. This kickoff party with activities, projects and performances will get October started right! It’s happening on Sunday.
- Get in costume for the 11th Annual Vista Viking Festival all weekend. For those fantasy lovers in all of us, this is your event! Or if you love people watching while eating some grub and buying some crafty pieces, you will like it too…