Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 21 and 22, 2013):
- Jam on at the Carlsbad Music Festival all weekend long. Whether you like classical, jazz or pop, you’ll have fun at this festival and its long list of performers.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Best of Nature Photography at San Diego Natural History Museum (Tuesday), Lost in the Memory Place at MCASD: La Jolla, Scripps on Prospect at MCASD: La Jolla, Dana Montlack: Sea of Cortez at MCASD: La Jolla, Outside at Oceanside Museum of Art, Jim Machacek at La Jolla Athenaeum and Roots at La Jolla Athenaeum. Closing this weekend: Pictures of the Year International at Museum of Photographic Arts, Volcanos and Full Moons at Oceanside Museum of Art and Ain’t Nothing Like a Dame at Spanish Village art Center (Monday).
- Get a tan at the Chula Vista HarborFest. Happening on Saturday, the Fest features art, music, activities, harbor activities and food.
- Walk around the Arts Alive on the Coastal Rail Trail on Sunday. Music, food and art, along with the official reopening of the 101.
- Enjoy the weekend with the Mira Mesa Street Fair on Saturday. Entertainment, crafts, food and a well stocked beer garden–yes!
- Have a ball at the Pacific Islander Festival 2013. The Festival features cool music, fun dance, yummy food and great people watching. And it’s happening all weekend!
- Bring the fam to the Hullabaloo Family Arts Festival at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on Saturday. This celebration of music, dance, art and more is sure to be a fun time.
- Listen to some tunes at the Julian Music Festival on Saturday. It’s the 44th year to celebrate music and the end of the Summer in Julian and it’ll be a fun one.
- Say ‘om’ at the One Love Yoga San Diego event on Sunday. If you’re a newbie yogini, active yogi or are practically buddha, you’ll enjoy this great yoga event at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
- Celebrate Fall at the 2013 Encinitas Oktoberfest. Yes, Fall activities are starting! Go to one of the first Oktoberfest festivities in SD!
*Bonus: BunnyFest 2013…Sunday…Balboa Park…yes, bunnies!