Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (September 7 and 8, 2013):
- Get your Greek on in Cardiff this weekend for the 35th Annual Greek Festival. Food and dance are the big draws–how can you say no to amazing Greek dancers and yummy Greek food?
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Viva el Mariachi Femenil! at Women’s Museum of California, A VALYA Retrospective at Visions Art Museum, Felting at Visions Art Museum, 16th Annual Galaxy of Glass at Fallbrook Art Center and Matthew Cusick at Lux Art Institute. Closing this weekend: MENAGERIE at Mingei International Museum, Bold at San Diego Natural History Museum, Object Lessons at Timken Art Museum, Arnold Newman: Masterclass at San Diego Museum of Art, Double Portraits at San Diego Museum of Art, Reencuentro at Centro Cultural de la Raza, TRASH at New Children’s Museum (Closes Monday) and San Diego Art Institute’s Current Show.
- Groove along at the San Diego Blues Festival. Ten different performances at the Embarcadero on Saturday and all with proceeds going to the San Diego Food Bank.
- Enjoy a carnival at the 6th Annual Brazilian Day San Diego. There’s a street fair, parade and plenty of entertainment happens on Sunday in Pacific Beach.
- Pretend you’re Lucy Ricardo at the Julian Grape Stomp Festa on Saturday. If you don’t want to get your toes dirty, enjoy the wine tastings, food and entertainment. Or if you’re closer to North County, Escondido hosts their annual Grape Day Festival and Parade (and 5k Race).
- Walk around the San Diego Quilt Show today and tomorrow at the San Diego Convention Center. Quilts, classes and exhibits await you.
- Check out the rides at the 3rd Annual Fiesta de Kustom Kulture 2013 in Old Town. Happening on Saturday, this fun event features cool cars, live music and shopping.
- See some films at the 2013 San Diego International Kids Film Festival. The festival features 40 films from 18 countries and goes today thru Sunday.
- Be a spectator at the 49th Annual Poway Days Parade on Saturday. A 5K Run and the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast give even more reason to partake in this fun event.
- Party with the House of Puerto Rico at the International Cottages Lawn Program on Sunday. Music, food, dance, oh my!