Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 24 and August 25, 2013):
- Cheer on the horses at Del Mar Racetrack’s Pacific Classic on Sunday. The best horses in the country will race for the one million dollar prize at the 23rd year of this great race.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Struck By Modernism at Mingei International Museum, Concept of Color at Mission Trails Regional Park and BEERology at San Diego Museum of Man. Closing this weekend: Intersections: Charles Arnoldi at Oceanside Museum of Art, Earthly Elements at Fallbrook Art Center, Second Time Around: Fashion Recycled at Visions Art Museum, Supporting Roles at Visions Art Museum, Fashion Tops and Bottoms at Visions Art Museum, ‘Dare to Reuse’ Student Art Exhibition at The New Children’s Museum (Monday) and Eclectic Eyes at Spanish Village Art Center (Monday).
- Fall in love with some art at the ArtWalk San Diego all weekend long. This year, the grand show will be at NTC Liberty Station for more room (hello, have you been to an event at Liberty Station?), more entertainment (a dozen-plus musicians, interactive kid areas and food!) and more art (over 100 artists!). See Shirley Church’s awesome Gaslamp piece above? She’ll be here.
- Stomp some grapes at Orfila Vineyards and Winery on Saturday. The 20th Annual Grape Stomp includes a grape stomp, music, food and tractor rides.
- Play in the snow with some pooches at Petco’s Summer Snow Day on Saturday. The Chula Vista Unleased by Petco is hosting a day of treats, demos, giveaways, and snow. Bring your puppies for a good old time!
- Enjoy more art at Sunday’s 9th Annual LeucadiARTWalk in Leucadia. Go to the great block party of open galleries, artists, musicians and fun.
- Sip on some goodness at the San Diego Spirits Festival all weekend. Demos, tastings, an art show, a burlesque show and more await you at the 5th year of this event!
- Love life at Suzie’s Farm on Saturday for the Pedal, Pick and Grin event. What you’ll expect at this event: local organic fruit and veggies that you can pick yourself, a bike parade, music, food trucks and farm tours. Love it!
- Get cultured at the International Cottages and their Lawn Program on Sunday. The House of Palestine hosts with food, music, dance and costume.
- Or focus on the stomach at one of these two events this weekend: Mira Mesa Festival of Beers or Valley Center Food Truck Festival.