Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 17 and August 18, 2013):
- Grab a brewski at Stone Brewing Company’s 17th Anniversary Celebration this weekend. Tonight and tomorrow, Stone Brewery celebrates its milestone with over 40 guest breweries, hundreds of beers and plenty of fun!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Eclectic Eyes at Spanish Village Art Center (opened Wednesday), West Coast Drawing: Drawing Alive at Bonita Museum and Cultural Center (opened Wednesday) and Reencuentro: Raices del Norte at Centro Cultural de la Raza. Closing next week: A Moment in Time at Mission Trails Regional Park (closes next Friday).
- Listen to great music at the San Diego Indie Fest at Liberty Station all weekend. This massive event features tons of live music, films, artists and more.
- Plan your fabulous wedding at the Gay and Lesbian Wedding Expo on Sunday. Go to Mission Valley for great wedding ideas, a chance to win great prizes and opportunities to mingle with wedding vendors.
- Slap your knee to jolly good bluegrass music at the 11th Annual Bluegrass Festival all weekend. Live bluegrass bands, music sessions and impromptu jams await you at the forty-acre Antique and Gas Steam Engine Museum location.
- Get literary at the Twainfest 2013 in Old Town on Saturday. Hear the readings of great literary stars, participate in games and experience the 19th century at this festival.
- Treat yourself to tasty BBQ at the Del Mar Racetrack’s Grill Fest. Happening on Saturday, the event will feature over 25 grilling pros and a day of horse races.
- Groove out at the Mossy Volkswagen Show on Sunday. Walrus 105.7 will be on site giving away food and prizes. If you’re a VW person, you got to go!
- Learn about the San Diego Bay with Bay Day at the Birch Aquarium on Saturday. As part of its Sea Days program, the Aquarium will have activities, vendors and ample opportunity to learn about San Diego’s great resource.
- Join in the fun at the International Cottages with the Lawn Program on Sunday. It’s the House of Hungary’s turn to host with food, music and dance.