Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 10 and August 11, 2013):
- Let the day go to the dogs at the 8th Annual Cardiff Dog Days of Summer. Pet products, pet adoptions and plenty of pooches line the streets of Cardiff on Saturday.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Crossing Cultures at San Diego History Center (Monday). Closing this weekend: Yumi at Spanish Village Art Center (Monday). Notable art events: Green Art Parade at Art Produce on Saturday, Target Free Second Sunday at The New Children’s Museum on Sunday and Summer Break at The San Diego Museum of Art through Saturday.
- Gaze at the stars during this weekend’s Star Fest in Julian. Happening all weekend long, this event is awesome with lectures, activities and tons of star gazing opportunities.
- Have fun at the Hillcrest CityFest on Sunday. This annual street fair includes music, games, crafts, food, drinks and lots of fun.
- Participate in CicloSDias on Sunday. The only requirement in this fun day of festivities is being sans car. The route takes participants thru the streets of Logan Heights to City Heights.
- Become an expert on beer at Beer-Con 2013 all weekend. Normally we don’t like to include activities that cost a lot on this blog (we are pretty poor/cheap after all) but this event is too cool not to mention. A beer conference with lectures and some of the biggest names in craft beer will be in attendance!
- Grab a lemon at the Chula Vista Lemon Festival on Sunday. The 17th annual festival will be filled with lemon contests (biggest lemon, lemonade drinking contest, lemon pie eating contest), music, food and over 200 vendors.
- Appreciate Philippine culture at the Philippine Cultural Arts Festival all weekend in Balboa Park. Visitors will enjoy fun performances, music, costumes and delicious food. It’s the festival’s 27th year!
- Watch some great tennis as the USTA’s Girls 16s and 18s National Championships finish up this weekend. See which teenage superstar will win in each category.
- Enjoy the festivities at the International Cottages and their Lawn Program on Sunday. This weekend, the House of Panama hosts with food, music and costume in Balboa Park.