Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (August 3 and August 4, 2013):
- Sample some tasty food at the Gourmet Food Truck Festival on Saturday. Go to the Del Mar Races and try food and drink from 50 different food trucks. Yum!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Faces of Japan at Japanese Friendship Garden (opened Thursday), On the Fly at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and 22nd Annual Juried Exhibition at La Jolla Athenaeum. Closing this weekend: Proyecto 5 at Centro Cultural de la Raza (closes Monday).
- Watch the pros at the Ford Supergirl Pro ASP Women’s Surf Contest. It’s the largest female surf event in the world and many famous surfers are participating!. Happening all weekend in Oceanside.
- Have a voice at the Politifest 2013 in Liberty Station this Saturday. It’s organized by Voice of San Diego and features conversations about the state of San Diego’s neighborhoods and leadership. Also see the contestants from the Idea Tournament (can’t wait to see who wins the grant!) and community booths. Of course, there will be a beer garden and places for the kids too…
- Admire cool cars at the 20th Annual National City Automobile Heritage Day on Sunday. Come for the parade; stay for the show.
- Barbecue in style at Vista’s 5th Annual Smokin’ Q Classic on Saturday. Music, performances, beer gardens and teams competing for BBQ elite status await you.
- Bet on the winner at the Southern California Open. The annual women’s tennis tournament is going on now at the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa. See some world-class tennis through Sunday.
- Get cultured at the House of Peru’s day to host the Lawn Program at the International Cottages in Balboa Park. Happening on Sunday, the afternoon will be filled with music, food and performances.
- Be crafty at the San Diego Bead Society’s Bead Bazaar all weekend in Mission Valley. Pick up your weight in beads, especially since you can save money on admission tickets by going to the website!
- Experience the British Invasion at Belly Up on Sunday night. Abbey Road, a really cool Beatles cover band, is playing and it’s sure to be a good time.