Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (July 27 and July 28, 2013):
- Honor the pooch at the Doggie Street Festival in Liberty Station on Saturday. Booths, music, food and puppy-themed activities await you at one of Southern California’s biggest pet adoption events!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Earthly Elements at Fallbrook Art Center. Closing this weekend: Make Your Own Kind of Music at Mingei International Museum, Cat Nip Connections at Spanish Village Art Center (closes Monday), Gold Fever! at Imperial Valley Desert Museum (closes Wednesday), Handcrafted Journeys at Japanese Friendship Garden and Melissa Miller at Lux Art Institute.
- Drink up at the Del Mar Beer Festival on Saturday. You have your work cut out for you: there’s over 100 different brews.
- Plan your big day at the Bridal Bazaar on Sunday. Happening at the San Diego Convention Center, this event is fun for brides-to-be, bride hopefuls and anyone who loves the wedding scene.
- Check out cool rides at Extreme Autofest on Saturday at Qualcomm Stadium. More than 500 show cars will be there to see and wish you owned…
- Learn about little cuties at the Turtle and Tortoise Society’s Annual Show. Exhibits, vets and some great people from the Society will be on hand all weekend at this Balboa Park show.
- Partake in Pine Valley Days today and tomorrow. Watch the big parade, listen to some live music and participate in the horseshoe contest!
- Get cultured at the Obon Festival in Vista all weekend. Celebrate Japanese culture with exhibits, demos, performances, food and plenty of drumming!
- Celebrate Lithuania in Balboa Park on Sunday with the International Cottages. This weeks Lawn Program brings food and festivities by the House of Lithuania.
- Support charity and have fun at the Miller Tribe and Crew Grand Stand 2013 event on Saturday. Happening in North Park, this event supports cancer research with Alex’s Lemonade Stand.