Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (July 20 and July 21, 2013):
- Party like a comic star at Comic-Con all weekend long! And if you don’t have a pass, enjoy the people watching, free zones, festivities and excitement Downtown.
- Exhibits. We don’t see any major openings or closings so here are some interesting venues/small shows in SD this weekend: Space 4 Art, Spanish Art Village (Art in Bloom), Bonita Museum and Cultural Center and James Hubbell at the Encinitas Library.
- Cheer on the players at the Over The Line Tournament this weekend. Finals are always the best part.
- Be amazed at the 5th Annual Lantern Festival all weekend. You could go to Little Saigon for the food, rides and performances, but don’t kid yourself–the nighttime display of 6,000 lanterns is the real prize!
- Walk the festival at Fiesta del Sol all weekend in Logan Heights. Celebrate community and civic activity with interactive zones, music, dance, food and, of course, people.
- Dance along at the International Cottage’s Lawn Program on Sunday. The House of Columbia hosts this week with food, drink, song and dance in Balboa Park.
- Smell the flowers at the Begonia Festival in Encinitas this weekend. Whether you go for the begonia sherbet or to buy your own begonias, it’s sure to be a fun activity.
- Enjoy opening weekend at the Del Mar Race Track. You can still wear the fancy headgear you know.
- Show some love at the Summer of Love South Park Walkabout on Saturday night. Get to know local businesses and see live entertainment at one of South Park’s cool community events.
- Buy some florals at the San Diego Orchard Society’s Floral Show this weekend. Happening in Balboa Park, this show gives visitors a chance to see the top orchards and buy their own!