Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (June 29 and June 30, 2013):
- Cheer on the racers at the San Diego International Triathlon. Watch in amazement as hundreds swim, bike and run their way near the Spanish Landing on Sunday!
- Exhibits, exhibits, exhibits. Opening this weekend: In and Around Mission Trails at Mission Trails Visitor Center, Arnold Newman: Masterclass at The San Diego Museum of Art, Arnold Newman: In Context at The San Diego Museum of Art and Tony Delap: Selections from 50 Years at Oceanside Museum of Art. Closing this weekend: access/ABILITY at San Diego Museum of Man.
- Make castles in the sand at the Sun and Sea Festival in Imperial Beach on Sunday…or at least watch some amazing kids compete for best sandcastle! There will be music, performances and a giant sandcastle created and dedicated to 50 years of the Port of San Diego.
- Celebrate 100 years of the Lynhurst Building on Saturday. Discounted food, talks, tours and music…and best of all, the event is free!
- Pick up some jewelry parts at the San Diego Gem Faire all weekend long. Starting today, the Faire includes over 80 exhibitors and jewelry making demos. Visit the website for a 2-for-1 coupon!
- Dance the day away at the Latino Music Festival on Saturday. Music and dancing take center stage at this fun and festive event.
- Be super hip at AmeriVespa 2013. Join the many scooter rides and parties that have already begun! Goes thru Sunday.
- Take a food tour at the Taste of Adams Avenue event on Sunday. For the 13th year, try 30 different restaurants, coffee shops, pubs and more.
- Join an Argentinean festival at the Lawn Program: Argentina this Sunday in Balboa Park. Food, festivities and costumes await you!
- Become gourd obsessed at the Gourdstock Festival 2013 all weekend. Take classes on gourds, buy gourds for your home, see gourd demonstrations, make your own gourd art and more at Bates Nut Farm. What more could you ask for this weekend?