Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (June 22 and June 23, 2013):
- Get your beer on at the San Diego County Fair all weekend. The San Diego International Beer Festival starts today and goes thru Sunday. Taste 407 different beers…yes, this is the best year yet…and see what beer gets picked Best in Show!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Shilpi Prasad at Spanish Village Art Center (opened on Wednesday), Personal Narratives at SDSU’s Downtown Gallery (opened on Thursday), Echoes at La Jolla Athenaeum and Bound at La Jolla Athenaeum. Closing this weekend: Origins of Life at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and Scoli Acosta: Elementalisthmus at Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: Downtown.
- Watch some cuties at the Lowes Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition on Saturday. Happening in Imperial Beach, this annual surf competition is fierce and fun between canines.
- Partake in the La Jolla Festival of The Arts all weekend. See over 200 artists at one of the best art festivals in the state.
- Eat your heart out at the 34th Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival on Saturday. There’s so much to do at the Street Fair, we can’t even list it all here. The unusual: Bloody Mary competition, community art mural project and outdoor laser tag.
- Explore the Zoo at night–the San Diego Zoo’s Nighttime Zoo starts today and goes all Summer long! See all the nighttime animal activity and have a ball until 9pm every night.
- Wear a kilt for this weekend’s Scottish Highland Games. The games and gathering of the clans is an annual ritual of Scotland and has been happening in SD for 40 years.
- Drink some vino at the 5th Annual Rhythm and Vine Festival on Sunday. Over 350 exhibitors will be present, along with food, music and a silent auction.
- Cheer on the Padres as they play (and beat) the Dodgers for this weekend’s home series. Plus score a rally towel for Saturday’s giveaway and show your support for Navy Appreciation Day on Sunday at Petco Park!
- Celebrate the summer solstice with Sweden at the Lawn Program on Sunday. The House of Sweden is hosting this weekend’s program from the International Cottages in Balboa Park. Food, dance and festivities await!