Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (June 15 and June 16, 2013):
- Celebrate Dad! Father’s Day is on Sunday. Some activity ideas for the weekend include: Father’s Day Classic Campout at the San Diego Zoo, Father’s Day Sailing Celebration at the Maritime Museum of San Diego, San Diego Father’s Day Festival, Father’s Day Hornblower Cruises and the Summer Sky Blast at Petco Park.
- Exhibits galore! Opening this weekend: Allied Craftsmen Today at Mingei International Museum, Life Force Without Limit at San Diego Chinese Historical Museum and Celebrate the Horse at Fallbrook Art Center. Closing this weekend: Hamilton Press Lithographs at La Jolla Athenaeum, 11th Annual SDSU Art Council Recipients at La Jolla Athenaeum, Lilia Gracia Castro at Centro Cultural de la Raza and Chinese Brush Painting Society 2013 Exhibition at Spanish Art Village (closes Monday).
- Shuck some oysters at the OysterFest 2013 on Saturday. Go to the festival in the Embarcadero and taste oysters, listen to live music and have a grand old time.
- Eat your heart out at the San Diego County Fair all weekend. Other than the obvious fair activities, the special events this weekend include the San Diego County Fair Wine Festival (Saturday) and the Big Bite Bacon Fest (Sunday).
- Participate in some museum events. This weekend’s activities include: free admission to the Mingei with Community Celebration Weekend, art crafts and activities for kids at the Timken Museum and Blue Star Museums Kick-Off Event at The New Children’s Museum.
- Tour old homes at the 15th Annual Old House Fair on Saturday in South Park. Historic house tours, walking tours, trolley tours, pet adoptions, music, food and more await you!
- Get to know the country of Austria at the Lawn Program on Sunday. The House of Austria hosts this Sunday’s Lawn Program in Balboa Park and will be full of food, costumes and dance.
- Tour a farm on Saturday! Farm Tour Day 2013 gives you a chance to tour working farms in North County and see a unique side of San Diego.
- View the first showing of the third play of the 2013 Shakespeare Festival at The Old Globe on Sunday. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead airs Sunday night and doesn’t show again until June 29th…come see it first!
- Meet a 215 year old at the Founders Day Open House on Saturday. Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside is 215 years old and to celebrate, the Mission is hosting a fun day of activities, food, music and tours. Get there at 10am for a lady bug release in the gardens!
Have a great weekend!