Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (June 1 and June 2, 2013):
- Cheer on runners and walkers at the Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon on Sunday. The race starts early (6am) but goes on for hours all around SD. Check out the San Diego Convention Center’s Race Expo too.
- Exhibits galore! Opening this weekend: The Nature of Sumi-e at Mission Trails Regional Park, MFA 2013 at UCSD (opened May 30th) and Melissa Miller at Lux Art Institute (opened May 30th). Closing this weekend: Women of the Issei Generation at Women’s Museum of California, Dr. Entomo’s Palace of Exotic Wonders at San Diego Natural History Museum and Lowrider Legends 2013 at San Diego Automotive Museum.
- Watch the balloons at the Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival all weekend long. Entertainment, wine tastings, balloons…what more could you want?
- Be amazed at the Wings Over Gillespie Air Show all weekend. See all types of planes take flight and watch battle re-enactments!
- Join the crowd at Art Around Adams on Saturday. This 10th annual event features art and performances in the shops, restaurants and bars of Adams Avenue
- Take the cannoli at the San Gennaro Feast at Qualcomm Stadium now thru Sunday. Italians know how to do it best (and I’m not just saying that because I’m Italian!)–go for performances, rides, activities and food.
- Have fun at the Japanese Cultural Bazaar. Happening on Sunday, this free event features food (sushi here I come!), performances, activities and lots of drawings for prizes and cash.
- Enjoy amazing filmmakers at the 15th Annual FilmOut San Diego. There are 12 more films airing between today and Sunday along with a closing party Sunday night. Celebrate artistic expressions from the LGBT community.
- Preview The Old Globe’s Shakespeare Festival on Sunday. Performances don’t start until June 20th but the preview run of A Midsummer Night’s Dream still has tickets available. Be there to kick off the first of the 3 shows!
- Enjoy some sun at the 34th Annual Fiesta del Sol in Solana Beach. Food, activities, performances and more will come to the beach town for the weekend.