Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (May 25 and May 26, 2013):
- Celebrate Memorial Day! Besides taking some time to hit the beach, use our blog post as a guide for other things to do for Memorial Day weekend.
- Exhibits! Opening this weekend: Koalafornia Dreamin’ at the San Diego Zoo, Volcanoes and Full Moons: Ernest Silva at Oceanside Museum of Art, Looking for Things: Jay Johnson at Oceanside Museum of Art, Pictures of the Year International at Museum of Photographic Arts and The Sensational Sculpture of Donal Hord at San Diego History Center. Closing this weekend: Lifelike at Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: La Jolla, Prospect 2013 at Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: La Jolla, The 52nd Annual International Exhibition at San Diego Art Institute, Young Art: 2013 The Story of Me at The San Diego Museum of Art and Alternative Accounts at The San Diego Museum of Art (Closes May 28th).
- Try food from around the world at the 33rd Annual Ethnic Food Fair in Balboa Park on Sunday. There will be culinary delights from 32 different cultures, plus entertainment. Of course, they have my favorite represented: boba!
- Listen to live bands at the Gaslamp Music and Arts Festival on Saturday. Just as the name implies, music and art will take center stage at this fun event.
- Meet Johnny Cash! Not really, but you can listen to a cool Johnny Cash cover band, Cash’d Out, at Belly Up on Sunday.
- Mosey around the Santee Street Fair on Saturday. With beer gardens, rides, entertainment and over 300 vendor booths, this Street Fair will give you a fun way to spend your Saturday.
- Taste yummy Lebanese food all weekend long at the 10th Annual Lebanese Festival. Performances, rides and a hookah bar are among the special offerings at the event.
- Groove along to the sounds at the San Diego Jazz Festival all weekend. The lineup at La Costa Resort and Spa is jam packed. If you like jazz, this is a must!
- Be a brainiac at the ISDC 2013 Global Collaboration in 21st Century Space conference all weekend. Not a brainiac? Join the free Mars Movie Night event on Saturday night!
- Pay homage to the strawberry at the Vista Strawberry Festival 2013. Happening on Sunday, the Festival includes a strawberry run, eating contests, rides, beer and plenty of kids dressed up in strawberry costumes (there is a costume contest after all!).
Have a great weekend!