Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (May 18 and May 19, 2013):
- Watch some amazing men and women play tennis at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club for the National Senior Women’s Hard Court Tennis Championship and the LJBTC’s Annual Spring Senior Championships. The tourney ends this weekend.
- Exhibits! Closing this weekend: HERB TURNER: REALIST/IDEALIST at Oceanside Museum of Art, Jessica Lange: unseen at Museum of Photographic Arts and James Chronister at Lux Art Institute.
- Partake in Art Museum Day and International Museum Day (Saturday and Sunday). There are two museums in San Diego partcipating: MCASD and SDMA.
- Head out to Mission Trails Regional Park for Explore Mission Trails Day on Saturday. Enjoy walks, talks, activities and even Ms. Frizzle (remember her from The Magic School Bus?).
- Enjoy the festivities at the Sicilian Festival in Little Italy on Sunday. Sicilians know how to have a great time with food, drink and fanfare so it’s a sure bet!
- Be part of the crowd at the North Park Festival of the Arts on Saturday. Performances, local beer and the North Park Craft Mafia take over the streets of North Park and want you there too.
- Get cultured at the Festa do Espirito Santo 2013 in Point Loma. Happening all weekend, this event is organized by the United Portuguese S.E.S.
- Walk the Escondido Street Faire on Sunday and see over 700 booths, entertainment, activities and the Farmer’s Market.
- See some stars at the 15th Annual Celebrity Golf Championship today through Sunday at La Costa Resort and Spa. Go and see Ray Romano, Mike Eruzione, Bruce Jenner, Steve Finley, Quentin Jammer and the host of the tournament, Marshall Faulk.
- Have your art appraised for free on Saturday. This is kind of a big deal! If you don’t have art but love antiques, go to one of these two antique shows this weekend: Antique Street Faire in La Mesa and Wine Country Antique Show in Temecula.
*Also this weekend–go see Star Trek! We want to see more of these movies in the next few years…do us a favor and see it so we won’t have to wait another 4 years for the next one to come out.