Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (May 11 and May 12, 2013):
- Celebrate Mom! Get some great ideas on things to do from our Mother’s Day events post. One idea from the list: sleepover at the San Diego Zoo.
- Exhibits! Opening this weekend: 11th Annual SDSU Art Council Recipients at La Jolla Athenaeum, Hamilton Press Lithograths at La Jolla Athenaeum and Lilia Gracia Castro at Centro Cultural de la Raza. Closing this weekend: Bill Traylor at Mingei International Museum.
- Eat some chocolate at the San Diego Botanic Garden. On Saturday, the Garden’s hosting the Chocolate Festival 2013 with tastings, demos, activities and music.
- Enjoy some outdoor time with the start of San Diego River Week. To feel really great this weekend, spend some time volunteering on the many projects being organized!
- Get cultured at the Asian Cultural Festival San Diego at Liberty Station on Saturday. Food, drinks, activities, performances…what more could you ask for?
- Learn about birds at the Bird Festival at Cabrillo National Monument. See some amazing chickadees and learn more about migratory patterns through SD on Saturday.
- Meet an astronaut at Space Day 2013. The San Diego Air and Space Museum is hosting their 10th annual day with astronauts, rockets, telescopes and meteorites.
- Feast away at the Gator by the Bay Festival all weekend. San Diego’s Zydeco Blues and Crawfish Festival brings Louisiana to SD with crawfish, oysters and other Southern delicacies.
- Attend the largest glass show in Southern California. The Art Glass Guild Spring Show happens in Balboa Park and includes demos, music and lots of opportunities to buy beautiful art pieces.
- Be in Anchorman 2 on Saturday. Not really, but go to the casting call and maybe you will be! Learn more here.