Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (April 27 and April 28, 2013):
- Buy some art at Mission Federal ArtWalk 2013. This is a massive event taking over the streets of Little Italy for this weekend only. Food, activities, performances, music and art to your heart’s content!
- See some exhibits. Closing this weekend: David Thimgan Retrospective at the San Diego Maritime Museum, Beneath the Moon II: Journey Through the City at The San Diego Museum of Art, FLAVIA GILMORE: Paper, Wood, Metal at the Oceanside Museum of Art, ENVIROSCAPES: JEN TRUTE RETROSPECTIVE at the Oceanside Museum of Art, Landscapes Rediscovered at the San Diego History Center (leaves May 1st), Creating a Storm: Sakura Fubuki at the Japanese Friendship Garden and On the Trail of Ansel Adams at the San Diego Natural History Museum.
- Learn about urban farming at the 2013 Spring Garden Festival at The Water Conservation Garden in El Cajon on Saturday. Urban farming is the theme for the 20th edition of the Festival, and there will be a lot of cool activities (learn how to raise urban chickens, beekeeping 101 workshops, the nursery’s biggest plant sale of the year and more!).
- Smell the flowers at Art Alive 2013. The San Diego Museum of Art’s Annual Fundraiser is sure to be a popular event–go see what everyone’s talking about.
- Have some family fun at the Kids Expo San Diego. The event at the Del Mar Fairgrounds gives kids and parents a chance to play and enjoy. There will be over 150 companies and such things as a building zone for kids, a zip-line and more.
- Walk around the 30th Annual Encinitas Street Fair. Happening Saturday and Sunday, the Fair has 450 reasons to go: there will be 450 food booths, performances, vendors and activities going on…of course, a beer garden is one of them!
- Dance along at the Mariachi Festival in National City on Saturday. Mariachi students compete for cash prizes to fun beats. Viewers won’t be able to resist dancing along in the crowd!
- Sip some wine at the San Diego Wine Show all weekend at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Choose from hundreds of selections, along with cheese, cigar and chocolate pairings!
- Help the environment at the Santree Fest Earth Day Celebration on Saturday. Santee’s Earth Day event will be great fun with environment-friendly foods, vendors and products. There’ll even be tree planting and river cleanup crews!
- Jam to the sounds of Adams Avenue Unplugged Saturday and Sunday. The annual event includes 180 performances over the two days in restaurants, coffee shops and businesses along the 2-mile stretch on Adams Avenue.