Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (April 20 and April 21, 2013):
- Celebrate Earth Day. Volunteer somewhere or do one of these Earth Day happenings.
- Exhibits! Opening: Artist in Residence: Bill Griswold at Cabrillo National Monument (Started April 16th). Closing: BOLD: The Art of DNA Coding at the San Diego Natural History Museum.
- Create your dream wedding at the Bridal Bazaar on Sunday. Over 200 wedding professionals (and a crowd of brides-to-be, families and more) take over the Del Mar Fairgrounds for this massive wedding event. (The above picture from The Bachelor is what I think of when anyone mentions a bride…that’s how you know you’re a nerd…).
- Visit Coronado! There are two big events going on at Spreckels Park in Coronado this weekend. The 88th Annual Flower Show will be a great event–it’s the largest flower show held under a tent in the US. The 44th Annual Friends of the Library Book Sale also happens at Spreckels Park this weekend. Basically, go to Coronado…
- Wear some riding pants at the 68th Annual Del Mar National Horse Show. The first week of the show, April 18-21, is Western Week and the big event this weekend will be a Wild West Show on Saturday night.
- Eat some guacamole at the Avocado Festival in Fallbrook on Sunday. There will be entertainment, food, beer, the Farmer’s Market, arts and crafts and avocados. And, of course, the highlight in my eyes has to be the guacamole contest…
- Get outdoors for National Park Week. Starting tomorrow (April 20) through the 28th, celebrate our wonderful National Parks. San Diego has one: Cabrillo National Monument. Monday through Friday next week (April 22-26), Cabrillo and the rest of the parks will waive their entrance fees. Woohoo!
- Participate in some museum happenings. See the Mexican Tapes at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: La Jolla. Create with art projects as part of the Oceanside Museum of Art’s Oceanside Days of Art. Find out what it means to be human in an age of technology at the San Diego Museum of Man.
- Spend the Day at the Docks on Sunday. The event is the largest sportfishing event on the West Coast and is organized by the Port of San Diego. Enjoy fishing seminars, lessons for kids, an expo and some tasty seafood.
- Listen to Musical Celebrations at the San Diego Symphony. On Sunday, the Symphony has a great lineup of music for their family festival. Listen to familiar music from all types of celebrations: wedding marches, birthday tunes, graduation beats and more!
- Bonus Thing To Do This Weekend: Check out the 43rd Annual Chicano Park Day Celebration on Saturday…we have a busy weekend ahead of us!