Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (April 13 and April 14, 2013):
- Go to Petco Park. See the Padres play on their first weekend home series against the Colorado Rockies today through Sunday. Support them and maybe you’ll see another bench-clearing brawl…
- Exhibits! Here are the exhibits starting this weekend: International Juried Art Exhibition at the San Diego Art Institute, Young Art 2013: The Story of Me at The San Diego Museum of Art and Dino Jaws at the San Diego Natural History Museum. Here are the exhibits ending this weekend: Photography in Mexico: Selections from the Collection at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: La Jolla and Marianela de la Hoz: Heaven and Earth at The San Diego Museum of Art (ends April 16th)
- Laugh away with A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder at The Old Globe in Balboa Park. There are still seats available for the final performances this weekend.
- View history with this weekend’s Annual Historic Home Tour from Save Our Heritage Organization (SOHO). SOHO is responsible for some of the best historical houses in SD, including the Whaley House and Marston House. This weekend’s events include home tours, bicycle tours, walking tours and an embroidery workshop.
- Run a race! There are a lot of them going on this weekend: Heartbreak Ridge Half Marathon, emBARKadero 2013, The Neon Run, Super Heroes 5k and 10k, Peace-Love-Run (The medal above is from this run…we want to do it so badly but we’re busy!!), XTERRA Black Mountain Trail Run, Sharon’s Ride.Run.Walk for Epilepsy.
- Have fun at Spring Into Night at Seaworld. The Park’s event includes special late hours, live music and a nighttime Shamu show.
- Get cultured at Sunday’s Lawn Program from the House of Pacific Relations International Cottages. This week’s host is England!
- See some pretty flowers at the San Diego Botanic Garden. The Garden has a special weekend planned with the theme, Asian Arts in the Garden. There will be a special exhibition, tours and a bonsai show.
- Bring the kids for Family Festival Day at the Spreckels Organ Pavilion on Sunday. The day includes a kazoo parade, hula hoop zone and activities for kids. The San Diego Children’s Choir will perform too!
- Do some Whale Watching! This is the last weekend to book a tour through Birch Aquarium because the season is just about over…