Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (April 6 and April 7, 2013):
- Feel the creative energy at FIGMENT San Diego 2013. Expect to see lots of artists, 6 different performances throughout the day and plenty of inspiration in Chicano Park on Sunday.
- Meander through Art a la Carte at the Aventine in La Jolla. Starting Sunday night, this event will take place every first Sunday of the month. Visitors will be able to see different artists and performers while getting great deals on the restaurants in the area.
- See exhibits, exhibits, exhibits! There are many exhibits changing this weekend. The exhibits opening this weekend: BOTTLED and KEGGED: San Diego’s Craft Brew Culture at the San Diego History Center, Rites of Passage at the San Diego Museum of Man, Women of the Issei Generation at the Women’s Museum of California and Altered Horizons from Mesa College at Art Produce. The exhibits closing this weekend: Bug Week at the San Diego Natural History Museum.
- Have some fun at the San Diego Crew Classic. Happening all weekend, this huge regatta takes place on Mission Bay and even has an awesome beer event (perfectly named: San Diego Brew Classic). There will be over 100 races happening between Saturday and Sunday, with over 4,000 athletes! The Brew Classic takes place Sunday and brings over 10 local breweries.
- Spend Sunday at the Spreckels Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park. Every Sunday at 2pm, there’s a free concert. Starting this Sunday, every April Sunday concert involves the theater company Write Out Loud. Their performances jump off the theme of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 and invite viewers to imagine a world without books. Yes, Ray Bradbury poems will be read…love it!
- Dream you have a classic at the La Jolla Concours D’Elegance. Today through Sunday, La Jolla hosts this car show with more classic cars than the average person cane handle…if you love cars, this is a must see.
- Hum your “OM’s” at the V Elements Festival in Liberty Station on Saturday. There will be yoga classes available all day long led by great instructors, along with music, green energy booths and organic food. The organizers even understand the importance of being kind to the environment through events like this and have great systems in place to offset carbon emissions, use solar energy for the staging and work with great partners like Zero Waste San Diego…we love this event!
- Watch “I Am Not A Hipster” in San Diego. Screenings start today and go through April 11 at the Digital Gym Cinema. The film’s San Diego based and was a nominee in the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
- Wear a kilt for Tartan Day San Diego on Saturday in Balboa Park. Scottish and non-Scottish alike can pretend to be in Scotland for the day with the 10th annual event. Food, dance, music and cultural activities will all be available!
- Rock for Rady Children’s Hospital. House of Blues hosts a benefit for the Rady Children’s Hospital on Sunday afternoon. The concert features six different artists.