Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (March 23 and March 24, 2013):
- Play away at Expo Day on Saturday in Petco Park for the last day of the San Diego Festival of Science & Engineering. The Festival closes with over 100 exhibitors for Expo Day. Learn more here.
- Meet and greet at the South Park Walkabout. South Park’s businesses stay open late to give you a chance to enjoy the night air while hanging out with friends on Saturday night. Learn more here.
- See some exhibits! Exhibits opening this weekend: Chinese Treasures from American Families at the San Diego Chinese Historical Museum, MENAGERIE at the Mingei International Museum and Play Days at the San Diego Zoo.
- Be entertained at the Spring Busker Festival at Seaport Village Saturday and Sunday. You’ll see street entertainers doing everything from juggling to eating swords. Learn more here.
- Drink up at the Mission Valley Craft Beer and Food Fest on Sunday. There will be 30 brewers, 20 chefs and 4 bands participating in the event. Learn more here.
- Embrace your feminine side at Menopause the Musical at the Balboa Theatre on Saturday night. Tonight and tomorrow night (Friday and Saturday) only! Get tickets here.
- Meet Frosty Hesson, a famous surfer, at the California Surf Museum on Saturday evening. There will be a talk and book signing with Frosty! Learn more here.
- Shop away at the Sue Bakley Truck Show at Mingei International Museum inspired by the MENAGERIE exhibition opening this weekend. Learn more here. Today and tomorrow!
- Eat and get cultured at the Chamorro Cultural Festival on Saturday where you’ll see great demonstrations, eat yummy food and hear live music from the Chamorro culture. Free on Sunday? Check out the Street Food Market 2013 for fresh street food from over 40 chefs…presented by San Diego Public Market.
- Embrace traditional food, dance and costume at the House of Iran Lawn Program on Sunday. Located within the House of Pacific Relations International Cottages in Balboa Park. Learn more here.