Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (March 9 and March 10, 2013):
- Take in the 8th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival at the Japanese Friendship Garden on Saturday from 10am to 4pm. They’ll have food, shopping, activities, entertainment and lots of pretty flowers. Learn more here.
- Dance to the beats of Zumbathon at Centro Cultural de la Raza. From 1:30 to 3:30pm on Saturday, this dance party donates proceeds to charity. Learn more here.
- View Chocolate: The Exhibition at the San Diego Natural History Museum before it leaves San Diego this Sunday. Learn more here.
- Support the Thursday Club of San Diego at the 85th annual Thursday Club Rummage sale at the Balboa Park Activity Center on Saturday and Sunday starting at 9am. Maybe you’ll find that long lost companion to your favorite dish! Learn more here.
- Enrich yourself with the San Diego Latino Film Festival now through the 17th at the Digiplex Mission Valley Cinemas. There are many films and shorts playing over the 10 days. One we think is interesting: Caos en la Ciudad at 2pm on Sunday. Learn more about the festival here.
- Run in some races! There are two that we like this weekend. The big one is on Sunday: the San Diego Half Marathon will be taking over the streets of San Diego. The dirty pleasure race? On Saturday in Mission Bay, you’ll see lots of people in their undies…for the San Diego Undy 5000. Run, walk or watch these races!
- Play for free at The New Children’s Museum this Sunday from 12 to 4pm. Thanks to Target, the Museum is free to allow families to experience and learn. Learn more here.
- Shop around at the North San Diego County Antique and Collectible Show at the California Center for the Arts on Sunday from 9am to 3pm. Professional appraisals available for $5! Learn more here.
- Listen to the Old Masters of Music and Art concert at The San Diego Museum of Art from 2 to 4pm on Sunday. The Museum only holds these concerts four times per year in their art galleries. Learn more here.
- Rock to Beatles vs. Stones- A Musical Shootout. I don’t think I need to explain for too long how awesome this will be at The House of Blues on Sunday night at 8pm. Learn more here.