Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (March 2 and March 3, 2013):
- Feel the Beats of the World at the Mingei International Museum. From 1pm to 3pm on Saturday, they have an international drum festival going on with beats from African and Middle Eastern drums. Learn more here.
- Eat at Nate’s Garden Grill. City Farmers Nursery has an eatery that just reopened. Their grand opening happens today thru Sunday. Click here for more.
- Experience Microcosm. At the Casa del Prado today and tomorrow (March 1st and 2nd), this event brings frogs, orchids, geckos, living walls and all sorts of plants and animals to show the beauty of ecosystems and aquariums. Check out their page and you’ll know right away you want to go…one half of The Wanderer Guides wanted to take off work to go today…
- Take in the Little Italy Mercato. From 8am to 2pm on Saturday, the Mercato takes over the area at Date Street and India Street. The cute guy above was seen here a few weeks ago! Click here for more.
- Participate in the 17th Annual Bird Festival at Mission Bay Park. Happening now through Sunday, the Festival offers many opportunities for bird watching, education and fun. Check out their PDF of events.
- Play Kozmik Bingo at Sycuan Casino Saturday night starting at 11pm. This bingo involves dancing, disco and drag queens…and you could win some money too! Learn more here.
- Join the Family ArtLAB at the Museum of Contemporary Art: La Jolla from 2pm to 4pm on Sunday. Gallery educators will talk about the exhibition Lifelike and show how artists take everyday objects and create works of art. Painting workshop included. Click here for tickets.
- Fly a kite. Join the Kiwanis Club of Ocean Beach as they host the 65th Annual Ocean Beach Kiwanis Kite Festival. Check out their Facebook page.
- View the Oceanside Museum of Art for FREE on Sunday. From 1pm to 4pm, the Museum is free for all visitors. For families with children, the Museum offers a free art day with Mixed Media Sculpture being the theme. There will be opportunities to create your own mixed media art form, go on kid-friendly docent tours and get refreshments! Check out their website for more.
- Learn about the House of Mexico in Balboa Park’s International Cottages. On Sunday from 2pm to 3pm, the House of Mexico hosts an open house with dancing, costumes, art and food. Check out their page for more.