10 things to do in San Diego over February 23 and February 24, 2013:
- Watch the San Diego State Aztecs defeat Nevada on Saturday at 3pm. Got tickets? Can we have them? If not, watch at Woodstock’s Pizza near State.
- Enjoy the KuumbaFest and celebrate African-American culture and heritage. Check out their website.
- View Marianela de la Hoz and her Heaven and Earth exhibition at The San Diego Museum of Art. Sunday is the last day to see it! For more, check out SDMA’s website.
- Speaking of museums, there are some great exhibitions going on in San Diego. Go to Balboa Park and enjoy the fresh air. If you’re there Saturday, go to the Museum of Man at 1pm for their lecture on different ways to deal with bullying. Click here for more.
- Sign up for a race! Two great ones on Saturday are the Charity World Challenge and the 5K Paw Walk in the Garden. If you don’t want to run or walk, go cheer on the people and puppies.
- Fill up on the Guacamole Bowl in Balboa Park. Proceeds go to different charities, and it only cost $5 for a bag of tortilla chips and the chance to taste everything. Guacamole, here I come!
- Join us at the Hillcrest Farmers Market on Sunday. It goes from 9am-2pm and is at the intersection of Lincoln and Normal.
- Board the ship to the Pirate Murder Mystery Voyage on Saturday night from Pirate Ship Adventures. For more, click here.
- See the Brothers Size for its last weekend at the Old Globe Theater. There are two performances Saturday and two performances Sunday. For ticket info, check out their website.
- Go whale-watching. Now is the time to go! In January, the Birch Aquarium tours saw 254 whales and over 6,000 different dolphins. February projections are good too! For more info and to buy tickets, check out their website.